More photos of/from Alastor
- a1.jpg - Ekaterina & Mel on foredeck, 1995?
- a2.jpg - 1996, Discovery Island
- a3.jpg 1992? - Doll's Porpoises seen from mast
- a4.jpg 1992? - watching for Doll's Porpoise -Serge, Suz, Ekaterina
- a5.jpg - July 1995; beach West of Bamfield ?
- a6.jpg - July 1995; Mel asleep in fo'csle bunk
- a7.jpg - July 1995; beach West of Bamfield ?
- a8.jpg - Summer 1996; Mel; Ekaterina jumping in
- a9.jpg - Summer 1996; Mel & Petranella
- a10.jpg - 17 May 1998, Wallace Island
- a11.jpg - Ekaterina, Mel on sailboard
- a12.jpg Pet in washbasin
- a13.jpg - 17 May 1998, Wallace Island - Mel up the mast
- a14.jpg - September 1998, Helby Island, Bamfield, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
- boat1.jpg Andrew on foredeck
- boat2.jpg Alastor at anchor
- boat3.jpg Ekaterina blowing candles
- boat4.jpg Ekaterina & Mel learning to row...
- boat6.jpg Serge reading
- boat7.jpg Serge rowing
- boat8.jpg Serge steering
- boat10.jpg Serge reading to Mel
- boat11.jpg Sealions on rock - Carmanah? light
- boat13.jpg Sealions on rocks
- boat16.jpg Andrew on sailboard with Ekaterina
- boat17.jpg Mel on boom (favourite spot!)
- boat19.jpg Ekaterina & Mel climbing arbutus tree
- boat23.jpg Ekaterina & Mel returning from swim
- helby.jpg - Helby Island
- lighthouse1.jpg - Lighthouse garden, Discovery Island
- mel-sea.jpg Mel on the beach
- serge.jpg Serge on the rocks
- whales.jpg Orcas and whale-watchers
Back to Alastor homepage
- aft.jpg Cockpit looking aft
- aft2.jpg Deck looking aft - bicycle, swim ladder,
solar cell on coachroof, and the infamous VW Beetle rear-window set in the
- books.jpg The bookshelf. Framed print is the
original "Alastor", a commercial sailing vessel owned by some cousins in the
- bows.jpg The bows - anchor locker, roller jib,
windsurfer mast on deck.
- chart.jpg Chart table with perpetual clutter,
Peltier (electric) icebox, old radio, Loran C, old echo sounder, MHD log.
- chart2.jpg Chart table; clean!!
- compass.jpg Magnetic compass on coachroof;
looking through VW window; Bushnell binoculars with built-in compass.
- door.jpg Looking out the main companionway.
- focsle.jpg Fo'c'sle with perpetual clutter;
hawse-pipe, outboard motor stowage.
- fwd.jpg Looking forward from cockpit; bicycle,
windsurfer on deck; LCD depthsounder on left and remote control for autopilot.
- galley.jpg The galley - clean (!). Old icebox to
left of sink not much used now.
- gas.jpg Propane tank installation. Original Butane
was replaced by slightly smaller Propane tank with regulator adjustment for
stove. Pressure gauge was fitted for leak testing at behest of surveyor.
GRP moulding is vented overboard.
- instr-panel.jpg Engine instrument panel -
ammeter, RPM, engine hours, log repeater and tiltmeter. Vent on left is
supposedly fresh air for engine space - electric blower sucks overboard
on port side combing.
- motor.jpg Original Watermota installation beneath
companionway. Blower hose attempts to suck some air from bottom of bilge.
- radio.jpg New radio mounted overhead. Earphones
a must if using when engine running. Permanent "temporary" installation
of 12V fan on coachroof vent is powered by solar cell.
- range.jpg Range (stove) - clean (!). Line
prevents (sometimes) grill pan falling on floor; coffee press for
real coffee (place on gimballed stove to brew at sea...)
- sounder.jpg LCD depthsounder and remote control for autopilot.
- table.jpg Saloon table with liferaft under, dry powder fire extinguisher.
- tiller.jpg Original laminated tiller with
Navico autopilot. Carseat for baby on stern locker. Teak grid keeps feet
dry in self-flooding cockpit.